We are seeking an experienced Technical Writer for a full time position to be located in our Shenzhen, China office. You will update and maintain documentation in US English for a highly sophisticated engineer and developer audience in the semiconductor industry.
· Write and edit high-quality single-source product documentation authored in DITA XML using Oxygen XML Author, Adobe structured FrameMaker, and Microsoft Word, integrated with the Bluestream XDocs Component Content Management System (CCMS).
· Publish documentation in PDF using Adobe Acrobat.
· Generate online help and Hover Help.
· Coordinate internal reviews of the product documentation.
· Collaborate with other writers and the product engineering, development, customer support, and product marketing teams to improve product documentation.
BS/BA degree required in English, Communication, Technical Writing, software, computer science, or other related degree.
· At least 3 years’ experience writing and editing large product documentation for highly complex technology products.
· Two or more years’ experience using DITA and a DITA CCMS.
· Experience using oXygen or another XML authoring tool with DITA.
· Experience with structured FrameMaker 9 or later.
· Ability to develop and maintain a large number of DITA files, ditamaps, and bookmaps.
· Familiar with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
· Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. No gap to communicate with native US English speakers.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize and multitask.
· Experience using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop
· Experience writing and editing product and service documentation for chip design and manufacturing products in the semiconductor industry.
· Experience working with off-site authors and subject matter experts (SMEs), including editing content created by English as a Second Language (ESL) speakers.
· Experience using Simple English or Basic English to document complex concepts for ESL audiences.
· Familiar with UNIX tools and commands.
· Can read C and Java code, and understands how to format code.